× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch for Stack with 4 SFP+

langevif
Aspirant

Switch for Stack with 4 SFP+

Hello, I already own a GS728TXS switch wich I use in my server cabinet.  I want to build a home lab in an adjacent room and I'm looking for a switch to stack with my GS728TXS. It seems like the new S3300 model replace the GS728TXS but I need 4 SFP+ port on my new switch and the S3300 have only 2.  I need 24 1000BASE-T and 4 SFP+ ports on my new switch. I will use one SFP+ port for the stack with my other switch and the other three SFP+ ports to connect 3 PC's on their Mellanox 10GB Ethernet card thru a DAC cable.  Do you have any suggestions?

Model: GS728TXS|ProSAFE Smart Switch with 10G fiber
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
langevif
Aspirant

Re: Switch for Stack with 4 SFP+

I finally did some research and as I understand, I can't stack switch that aren't from the same familiy.  So I bought a used GS752TXS on ebay to fullfill my needs.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi langevif,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You may check either the XS728T or XS748T switches.  Both of them have 4 Dedicated 10GBASE-X SFP+ 10G ports supporting 10G/1G speeds.  However, it seemed that both XS728T and XS748T switches are not compatible to be stack with the GS728TXS switch.  

Kindly check the specifications of the both XS728T and XS748T switches on the data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@langevif,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed / resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
langevif
Aspirant

I finally did some research and as I understand, I can't stack switch that aren't from the same familiy.  So I bought a used GS752TXS on ebay to fullfill my needs.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements