× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to get correct IP address when connecting PC's through VOIP phones (GS752TPv2)

JBoze
Follower

Unable to get correct IP address when connecting PC's through VOIP phones (GS752TPv2)

We have a our main Cisco switch in Bld1 and it is managed by Spectrum and I do not have access to it.  It does our voice and data.  The current data network is a 192.168.x.x and the VOIP network is 10.12.x.x.  We now have added a Bld2 and have a Netgear GS752TPv2 switch installed with a Fiber link to the Cisco switch in Bld1.  The fiber uplink on the new switch is connected to port 52.  I would just like to pass everything from the original switch to the new switch and continue to use the original network for this new building.  I have created data VLAN 200 and a VOIP VLAN 1012 on the new NG switch.  I have Tagged the port 52 for both VLANS and data is transferring between the two switches.  I can setup a port for a phone and it gives me the 10.12.x.x address and the phone works.  I can setup a port for a PC and it gives me the 192.168.x.x address and it works.  Both of these depend on the PVID I am giving the port.  PVID 200 when setting up a PC and PVID 1012 when setting up a port for a phone.

The problem I am having is I am unable to connect my PC's into the passthrough jack on my phones and get the 192.168.x.x addresses.  If I use the "VLAN via MAC address" setting, and put the PC's MAC address in and VLAN 200, it will give me the correct address, but I do not want to have to do this with every device.  Any advice on the config to make this work?  I have tried Tagging and Untagging every combination of ports.  If it gives me the 192.168.x.x address on the PC, connected through the phone, the phone will not work.  If the phone works, I get a 10.12.x.x address on my PC.  Thanks.

Model: GS752TPv2|48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Unable to get correct IP address when connecting PC's through VOIP phones (GS752TPv2)

Something like this should be possible also on your switch -> https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/answers/Voice%20VLAN%20on%20Smart%20Switches.pdf

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements