× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UniFi APs restart every 5min when GS310TP is in the same network

chrisb1234
Aspirant

UniFi APs restart every 5min when GS310TP is in the same network

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I just integrated a GS310TP in my network. I also have a few Access Points from UniFi that are not behind to the GS310TP but directly connected to my core switch. Even though since I connected the GS310TP the APs are restarting every 5 minutes.

It seams like I manged to fix this by deactivating the STP on the GS310TP (at least no restart for 15 mins now).

How could STP cause such issues? Is there any config I have to tune (I didn't change the factory defaults)?

Thanks

Model: GS310TP|NETGEAR® S350 Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: UniFi APs restart every 5min when GS310TP is in the same network

Hi Chris,

@chrisb1234 wrote:

It seams like I manged to fix this by deactivating the STP on the GS310TP (at least no restart for 15 mins now).

How could STP cause such issues?

Can't imagine on how disabling STP (which acts network-wide) should have an impact on some APs restarting or not. If there would be any kind of flood caused by a network loop (and STP [better use RSTP for the complete network] would prohibit by shutting down some ports, an AP should not reboot. 

Probably the APs can't reach the management network - which is by default the untagged VLAN 1 for UniFi - and for whatever recovery attempt?

@chrisb1234 wrote:

Is there any config I have to tune (I didn't change the factory defaults)?

On your other post, I see various config changes different from the default.

Regards,

-Kurt.

Message 2 of 3
chrisb1234
Aspirant

Re: UniFi APs restart every 5min when GS310TP is in the same network

Hi,

my comment about the factory defaults was only refering to the STP settings.

The affected UniFi devices were already set to the VLAN10 as management VLAN.

It really puzzles me, that the STP-settings on the netgear switch, which doesn't connect the affected APs to the router or the controller, causes the resets...

I'll do some more testing over the weekend.

Regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements