× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updating firmware on GS728TP using OS X

BoboBear
Aspirant

Updating firmware on GS728TP using OS X

Note that this is a switch, not a router. Close enough but strange that Netgear doesn't offer a forum for switch owners.

Anyway, my question.... I have only Apple computers running OS X. I don't see a way to upgrade the firmware of my switch using the browser interface. Is the only way to use a Windows computer?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Updating firmware on GS728TP using OS X

Hello BoboBear, 

Welcome to the community! 

We do have a board for business switches on the community, please click here. If you do not have a Windows PC to run the SMC (Smart Control Center), you can update the firmware through the web interface. Please refer to page 234 of the software administration manual and see the maintenance portion of the switch, this allows you to download the firmware file to the switch.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BoboBear, 

Welcome to the community! 

We do have a board for business switches on the community, please click here. If you do not have a Windows PC to run the SMC (Smart Control Center), you can update the firmware through the web interface. Please refer to page 234 of the software administration manual and see the maintenance portion of the switch, this allows you to download the firmware file to the switch.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BoboBear, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 5
BoboBear
Aspirant

My apologies. I did not know an action was required.

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BoboBear, 

No worries. We just do follow-ups to make sure that the responses helped your community members. 

Have a great day!

Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements