× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Uptime on GS108Ev3

Steven_Belfast
Apprentice

Uptime on GS108Ev3

Hi Folks

Was just wondering if anyone knows how to get system details from the GS108Ev3 ?

Things like CPU load, Memory usage and System uptime. 

On other Netgear devices able to use a debug page within the GUI but cannot see to find it on the switch. 

Capture.JPG

Also on a side note the switch GUI seems slow to load 7 seconds to load the login page and then 3 seconds from logging in to the main page, This has been with the default shipped firmware and the latest release

Its not slow enough that i mind, just seems strange given the other netgear devices i have used/tested over the years.

Regards

Steven

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Steven_Belfast,

GS108Ev3 is Plus switch, which have no CPU/Memory/Uptime showing on local GUI. For the slow login issue, can you help upgrade to our latest FW, and try again after clear browser cache?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS108EV3/GS108Ev3_V2.06.03EN.zip

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Steven_Belfast,

GS108Ev3 is Plus switch, which have no CPU/Memory/Uptime showing on local GUI. For the slow login issue, can you help upgrade to our latest FW, and try again after clear browser cache?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS108EV3/GS108Ev3_V2.06.03EN.zip

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@Steven_Belfast wrote:

Also on a side note the switch GUI seems slow to load 7 seconds to load the login page and then 3 seconds from logging in to the main page, This has been with the default shipped firmware and the latest release

Its not slow enough that i mind, just seems strange given the other netgear devices i have used/tested over the years.

Steven,

Do you access the GS108Ev3 from a different VLAN/subnet connected to or passing that very same GS108Ev3 switch -> router -> GS108Ev3 management IP?

Message 3 of 4
Steven_Belfast
Apprentice

@Retired_Member 
Thanks for the information & I have reflashed the firmware and did a factory reset and seem quicker to login to the GUI. 

@schumaku 
I do not have the need for Vlans, This is something i have thought about as i work from home and could set the work system on the a different Vlan but there is really no need. 

The wired computers that i would use to log in to the switch are connected direct to the via, DHCP is disabled as this is dealt with by a ISP router. 

But as stated above GUI access is better following re-flash and factory reset.

Thank you both for the help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements