× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VLAN 802.11Q Assignments cannot be changed anymore

rdorsch
Aspirant

VLAN 802.11Q Assignments cannot be changed anymore

Hello,

I use 802.1Q VLANs (Advanced configuration) on my JGS524PE

Screenshot_20201107_182736.png

. Worked well for three years. Out of a sudden, I cannot add new Ports to a VLAN anymore. No error message shows up, but it just does not work.I can also not change a port for untagged to tagged. Adding new VLAN IDs still works though.

Has anybody an idea what could be the root cause of this? Or what to test before doing a factory reset?

Many thanks

Rainer

Model: JGS524PE|ProSafe Plus 24 ports switch with PoE
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

HI @rdorsch ,

Welcome to NETGEAR online community! 🙂

About this situation you mentioned on JGS524PE.

May I know

1. which Internet browser and OS used in your side?(FireFox?Chrome?Safari? and Windows?MacOS?)
  2. Which firmware running on this JGS524PE?

There is already some similar situation happened on Firefox Ubuntu with plus switches, just like: unable configure VLAN PVID/member.

So please let me know more details about your situation and help to make it fix.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

HI @rdorsch ,

Welcome to NETGEAR online community! 🙂

About this situation you mentioned on JGS524PE.

May I know

1. which Internet browser and OS used in your side?(FireFox?Chrome?Safari? and Windows?MacOS?)
  2. Which firmware running on this JGS524PE?

There is already some similar situation happened on Firefox Ubuntu with plus switches, just like: unable configure VLAN PVID/member.

So please let me know more details about your situation and help to make it fix.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Message 2 of 3
rdorsch
Aspirant

Hi Daniel,

what an excellent observation! Indeed I tried to think of what changed since it worked last time, I did not upgrade the firmware and I also did not upgrade my Debian Linux system. But a few weeks back Firefox was upgraded from ESR version 68 to ESR version 78 and this is probably the reason for the issue.

I checked with Chromium 83 on Debian 10, this works flawless.

Since Debian and Ubuntu share a lot of software, it is likely that the same root cause is responsible for this issue on both systems.

That pretty much solves the problem for me, though it would be useful to get a firmware fix, if the problem is on the switch side, otherwise there is a risk that more and more browsers do not work anymore.

Many thanks for your response, it helped a lot.

Rainer

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements