× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN routing & Routing to Internet Router on S3300 [S3300-52X (GS752TX)]Switch

zeelx470
Tutor

VLAN routing & Routing to Internet Router on S3300 [S3300-52X (GS752TX)]Switch

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this as I have been banging my head on this one for a while. I have an S3300-52X (GS752TX) that I am having issues with. I have been able to create VLANs and managed to get interVLAN routing working. Where I am getting undone is getting the routing setup right so I can route traffic to out internet router.

I hope the example below clarifys what I mean:

I have various VLANS (we'll use to for the example):

VLAN 10 - 10.26.10.0/24 (Gateway: 10.26.10.254)

VLAN 20 - 10.26.10.0/24 (Gateway: 10.26.10.254)

I have a internet router at address 10.26.50.1

Created default route with next hop being the router address. I have also tried to setup a VLAN for the dot 50 VLAN because I got a message setting up Default Route saying it would not work until a VLAN with interface in that range was setup or somthing to that effect.

I have looked at some guides and the manual and I believe the guides offer more info than the manual. I have also looked a solutions to other people problems that were similar but not the same in an effort to see if I can engineer a solution with that guidance.

Also note that I tried putting the management interface in a seperate subnet to prevent any conflicts with routing interfaces. Not sure what to try anymore. This is the first time I have used Netgear Smart Switches.

Any guidance you guys can offer will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Zac

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
zeelx470
Tutor

Re: VLAN routing & Routing to Internet Router on S3300 [S3300-52X (GS752TX)]Switch

Hi guys, just wanted to report that I had found the solution here.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
zeelx470
Tutor

Re: VLAN routing & Routing to Internet Router on S3300 [S3300-52X (GS752TX)]Switch

I forgor to mention that my router is not capable of doing VLANs so on the switch port connected to the router I added that to the VLANs as an Untagged member.

Message 2 of 4
zeelx470
Tutor

Hi guys, just wanted to report that I had found the solution here.

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi zeelx470,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Thank you for sharing the solution! The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements