× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN trunking on a GS116E

mamvcivm
Follower

VLAN trunking on a GS116E

Hope I've specified the correct model above - I'm contemplating purchasing two of these GS116E it's described as a GS116E-200UKS ie NOT a GS116Ev2.

Simply,can you please confirm that the GS116E is capable of VLAN Trunking?

I ask because I have a mixed bag of PCs and IoT devices across two rooms and I want the PCs to talk to each other on one VLAN and put the IoT devices on the other VLAN and I don't want multiple network cables going through the wall...

Cheers - and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere...

Andrew

Model: GS116E|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabit switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: VLAN trunking on a GS116E

Hello Andrew

@mamvcivm wrote:

I'm contemplating purchasing two of these GS116E it's described as a GS116E-200UKS ie NOT a GS116Ev2.

Can't spot the exact model offered on that link by brightstar - it's a really carelessly maintained entry. The first image does clearly show the GS116E[v1] version which is only configureable by the ProSafe Plus Utility. 

GS116Ev2 is indeed the model designator for the GS110E-200UKS SKU offered in the U.K.. This model offers both a Web UI and ProSafe Plus Utility configuration managment.

@mamvcivm wrote:

I'm contemplating purchasing two of these GS116E it's described as a GS116E-200UKS ie NOT a GS116Ev2.

Simply,can you please confirm that the GS116E is capable of VLAN Trunking?

Both models can be configured for either a single port or static LAG (mutiple links required) based trunk (read tagging frames between VLAN switches).

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements