× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vlan router->gs716tpp->gs724t

zwartemerel1
Follower

Vlan router->gs716tpp->gs724t

Situation

Draytek router with 3 vlans -> connected to GS716TPP > Connected to GS724Tv3

i like to use the vlans on that second switchs

how do i setup that the GS716 passtrough the vlans to the GS724 ?

ill created the VLANS in the switches (same id as on draytek) then i set the VLAN membership under the VLAN ID  the incoming and outgoing port on "T" on the GS716, 

and on the GS724 , i set under the VLAN ID Membership the incoming port on "T".

Then i tried on the following methode , ill add the mac adres on Voice-Vlan - Advanced - OUI , set the port from my desktop under Voice-Vlan-Mode on Enable, and i choose the VLAN ID under VoiceVlanID , 

then i reboot the desktop, and i see under Switching -> AdressTable , that he get that VLAN ID,

but the desktop does not receive an ip adress.

i tested it also with the same Draytekrouter and a GS724Tv4 , and that works fine (there i use the mac based vlan option, i cant find that in the v3.

Henri

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Vlan router->gs716tpp->gs724t

Are the access ports on the GS724T correct configured for the intended VLAN? Only one VLAN [U]ntagged, the same VLAN PVID set on the port, and no other VLAN memberships?

If you troubleshoot a potential problem with the GS716TPP (from the brief description configured OK for trunking the VLANs from one port of the router to one port connecting the GS724T on a trunk port, too). Start with the creation of access ports on the GS716TPP for each VLAN only, and test if these connect to the subnets on the Draytek.

Scratch the idea of "using" the VoIP VLAN for something it's not intended for, or more to force something to work which does not work either way. I fear the problem does start long before the second switch connected.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements