× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Voip vlan and firewall DHCP not passing

EthanB21
Tutor

Voip vlan and firewall DHCP not passing

An unfortunate accident forced me to factory default our main netgear switch, and I am trying to pick up the pieces and make it work again. Internet on Vlan 1 works just fine. However our Voip phones refuse to recieve dhcp from our firewall. The wiring is as such (Data line + Voice line)-> (Firewall with dhcp for phones) -> (port 24 of netgear switch)->(server also with dhcp for PC's). A handful of phones grab DHCP off the server, and the rest get nothing, when we really want all the phones to get IP's from the firewall. The phones are locked down by the provider so I can only change the switch or firewall.

I am so utterly lost after trying all these different configurations already.

Model: GS728TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (190W)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Voip vlan and firewall DHCP not passing

@EthanB21,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with the switch. I believe most of your devices are configured on a VLAN as most of your devices can receive an IP. May you be able to check the firewall if there are any VLANs configured so that we can also assign/create it to the switch?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@EthanB21,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with the switch. I believe most of your devices are configured on a VLAN as most of your devices can receive an IP. May you be able to check the firewall if there are any VLANs configured so that we can also assign/create it to the switch?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
EthanB21
Tutor

Solution found, simply needed to manually tag ports in the VLAN as 2 in the Switching>Vlan tab. Touching anything in Switching>Voice Vlan|Auto Vo-IP tabs caused it to not work.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements