× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web GUI available for GS116Ev2?

xirion
Aspirant

Web GUI available for GS116Ev2?

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a GS116Ev2, but I'm really only interested if I can manage it from the browser. It seems recent firmwares support web GUI for the GS116Ev2, but I can't find any real confirmation of that.

Can somebody confirm management from the browser works for GS116Ev2? And if so: does the web interface have any restrictions compared to the Windows configuration tool?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Web GUI available for GS116Ev2?

Hi xirion,

Just to add on JohnRo's response, you may check the release notes of the latest firmware version 2.0.1.26 here.  For more information about GS116Ev2, kindly check this link.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi xirion, 

Welcome to the community! 

WEB GUI access feature has been added on firmware 2.0.1.17, we are already running on FW 2.0.1.26 which includes fixes for some errors on WEB GUI access. The WEB UI and utility have some settings that are the same, WEB UI has some added features. 

I hope the information above answer your questions. Feel free to ask if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi xirion,

Just to add on JohnRo's response, you may check the release notes of the latest firmware version 2.0.1.26 here.  For more information about GS116Ev2, kindly check this link.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
xirion
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick responses! I'm convinced, I'm buying 🙂

(@JohnRo: I meant to mark your answer as the solution, but selected the wrong post..)

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello xirion, 

No problem! You can get more information on @DaneA's post too. 

Have a great day!

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements