× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web Management Restriction

btbmert
Aspirant

Web Management Restriction

Hi All,

Since there is not any console management port (RS232, etc) on XS708T, we need to secure web management acces. Is it possible to access web management just only from a single assigned port? All other ports will restricted to acces web management GUI.

Regards,

Model: XS708T|ProSAFE 8-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Web Management Restriction

Hi @btbmert,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to create a Management VLAN and assign at least one port.  Kindly read page 40 and pages 125-132 of the XS708T user manual here about Management VLAN and Configuring VLANs respectively.

See the articles below and use it as your guide:

What is a management VLAN?

How to create Layer 2 VLANs on NETGEAR ProSAFE Switches

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @btbmert,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to create a Management VLAN and assign at least one port.  Kindly read page 40 and pages 125-132 of the XS708T user manual here about Management VLAN and Configuring VLANs respectively.

See the articles below and use it as your guide:

What is a management VLAN?

How to create Layer 2 VLANs on NETGEAR ProSAFE Switches

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@btbmert,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
btbmert
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Thank you for your follow-up. Sorry for not replying but we are working on this and I hope it will work. I will let you know the result or further detailed questions.

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements