× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What are the exact dimensions of the barrel plug on the power adapter for GS110TP smart switch?

830se
Aspirant

What are the exact dimensions of the barrel plug on the power adapter for GS110TP smart switch?

I'm looking for exact dimensions of the barrel on the power plug for a NETGEAR GS110TP smart switch i.e. inner and outer diameter in millimetres.

Model: GS110TP|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit PoE smart switch
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: What are the exact dimensions of the barrel plug on the power adapter for GS110TP smart switch?

@830se,

Here below are the measurements of the barrel of the power plug of the GS110TP switch:

Outside diameter is 6.5mm 

Inside diameter is 3mm

Barrel length is 9.5mm.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: What are the exact dimensions of the barrel plug on the power adapter for GS110TP smart switch?

2.1 mm and 5.5 mm most likely - compare to your GS110TP unit if this makes sense.

Message 2 of 8
830se
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the dimensions are not 2.5x5.5mm. Using a ruler I can see the outside diameter is roughly at least 6mm and the inside diameter is at least 3mm. I'm really looking for the exact measurements.
Model: GS110TP|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit PoE smart switch
Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

No other choice than measuring the inner pin with the right tool and compare with the available connectors - probably 3.1 mm inner, 6.3 mm outer.

Message 4 of 8
830se
Aspirant

I don't own the right tool. This is the NETGEAR website. Can't they tell me?
Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

I'm not Netgear, and have no similar switch at hand. Netgear might be able to provide the formal order number for a replacement power supply order from the distribution channel, or you can order one on the Netgear support channel.

It makes sense to use a thicker inner pin to avoid accidential connection errors. The (obviuous wrong) number I have provided here before came from a second source power supply vendor.

Can @DaneA  please assist here?

Message 6 of 8
830se
Aspirant

I understand, I'm not asking you to tell me the exact correct dimensions. I'm asking NETGEAR to tell me because their support webpages suggested I ask this question here in this forum.

I'm do not need a replacement power supply. Just the exact correct dimensions.
Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@830se,

Here below are the measurements of the barrel of the power plug of the GS110TP switch:

Outside diameter is 6.5mm 

Inside diameter is 3mm

Barrel length is 9.5mm.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation