× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the difference between GS510TP-100NAS and GS510TP-100EUS?

Platini
Aspirant

Both should have its 110V-240V AC internal power supply, only power cords differentiate various ordering SKU versions.
Is this the only difference?

Can I get a GS510TP-100NAS and with a plug adapter use it in Italy?

Thank you for your support.
Model: GS510TP|ProSAFE 8-port PoE Smart Switch with fiber uplink
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: What is the difference between GS510TP-100NAS and GS510TP-100EUS?

The GS510TP swich does have a built-in power supply with an C14 inlet to attach the power cord to the power supply, as do many monitors, printers and other peripherals. All you need is a plain common power cord with an Italian three-pin or Schuko aka. CEE 7/7 plug (depending on your home/office installation) with C13 socket - the beast commonly called an IEC cord. Most people have some of these at home from the old computer or the like - no need for adaptors or the like.

IEC cable.jpg

Italia C13.jpg

Ciao!

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Platini,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS510TP-100NAS is the product code of the GS510TP switch in North America while the GS510TP-100EUS is the product code of the GS510TP switch in Europe.  As reference, kindly check page 3 of the GS510TP Data Sheet here and read about the Ordering Information.

Since you prefer to use the GS510TP switch in Italy, I suggest you to purchased the GS510TP-100EUS in order to be compatible with the AC power specifications implemented in Italy.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Platini
Aspirant

Dear DaneA,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I’ve read the data sheet and in particular the following specification:

• “100-240VAC/50-60Hzuniversalinput”

In Italy we have 220 VAC / 50 Hz, so I think I can buy a GS510TP-100NAS version and use it in Italy as well by means of a plug adapter from USA to Italy as you can easily buy from Amazon or eBay.

I’d like to buy the NAS version instead of the EUS version because of a bargain offer I’ve found in eBay from a USA seller.

By the data sheet I understand that the only difference is the plug and you can make it work by means of a simple USA to Italy plug adapter.

There’s no firmware or hardware differences highlighted in the data sheet.

I’m I wrong?

Regards

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The GS510TP swich does have a built-in power supply with an C14 inlet to attach the power cord to the power supply, as do many monitors, printers and other peripherals. All you need is a plain common power cord with an Italian three-pin or Schuko aka. CEE 7/7 plug (depending on your home/office installation) with C13 socket - the beast commonly called an IEC cord. Most people have some of these at home from the old computer or the like - no need for adaptors or the like.

IEC cable.jpg

Italia C13.jpg

Ciao!

-Kurt

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements