Re: XS712T Jumbo Frames

Rudyle
Novice

XS712T Jumbo Frames

Hi all,

It appears that Im having some issues with enabling jumbo frames on my XS712T. I have set the max frame size to 9216, and yet if I try to ping a device connected to the switch with anything over 1500bytes it times out. I have directly connected both devices and have no issue pinging with larger packets which makes me think its the switch blocking the packets.

Is there anywhere else I need to enable jumbo frames on the switch other than "maximum frame size"?

Thanks all
Message 1 of 3
richardhadley
Aspirant

Hi,

Did you ever get to the bottom of the issue with jumbo frames on the XS712T? I have exactly the same issue. If I set the MTU > 1500 in VMware the connection is blocked by the XS712T.

If I plug the cables into a standard HP Procurve the connection works for an MTU of 9000... Its just odd.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Message 2 of 3
Rudyle
Novice

I did not, I simply set my jumbo frames at 8000 on my workstations and servers and it seems to be working though not sure why I had to set them that low...

I would give that a try and report back, when Im at the office tomorrow I can look in to further settings if your still having issues.

Thanks,
Rudy
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements