× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS748T Reboots randomly

gorkatjimmies
Aspirant

XS748T Reboots randomly

XS748T ProSAFE 48-Port 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switch,6.5.1.22,1.0.0.0

I have an issue where this switch randomly reboots.  It seems to happen every couple of weeks to as often as every couple of days.  I beleive the latest firmware is installed from what I have seen.  Any ideas what might cause this kind of issue and any ideas on what kind of loggin I can do on the sawitch to try and catch what is going on?  Thanks for any advice or ideas.

Model: XS748T|48-Port 10-Gigabit Copper Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP+ Ports
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: XS748T Reboots randomly

@gorkatjimmies,

Found out from the NETGEAR Support Team that you have already opened a support ticket with them.  You may want to post here the progress of it. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@gorkatjimmies Have multiple LAGs configured, and have e.g. STP, RSTP or MST enabled? These combinations will lead to the crashes almost reliably. 

@DaneA We're fighting with this issue now for more than one year. Kevin Hong has duplicated our set-up and confirmed the issue some weeks ago. 

Message 3 of 5
gorkatjimmies
Aspirant

This is definitely our situation. Two lag ports and RSTP.  Support gave me a few items to try related to making sure the device wasn't randomly losing power.  I will try those when everyone is off the network.  Will also see if we need the two LAG ports.

Model: XS748T|48-Port 10-Gigabit Copper Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP+ Ports
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Iphie_C  @IphieChen these are topics you should care about....as discussed in PM!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements