× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

gs724t restrict internet access

terhan
Aspirant

gs724t restrict internet access

Hi I am using netgear gs724t, there are 24 computers connected to this device and computers can access the internet.
How do I turn off access to the Internet without disturbing network communication between computers?

Is it possible to do this on the management panel?

Thank you
Sorry I wrote with translate.

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: gs724t restrict internet access

@terhan,

I don't think that this is possible to work if you wanted those specific computers not to access the internet. Once you disable the internet access, even your own computer will no longer access the web as you don't have any VLAN configured on your network. If your router is capable of doing VLAN, then you may create a network for your students and restrict it from the router. The switch doesn't have any capability or feature for them to block internet access.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi terhan,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

In order for us to assist you better with the issue, kindly provide us additional information. I have summarized my questions below:

• Do you mean you want to turn off specific computers so that they cannot access the internet?
  • Do you have VLANs?
  • What do you mean without disturbing network communication between computers?
  • Do you mean you only wanted them to have access in the local area network?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
terhan
Aspirant

"Do you mean you want to turn off specific computers so that they cannot access the internet?"

Yes, I would like to close the Internet access of students
IMG_20190222_122843659_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190222_122152429_HDR.jpg

"Do you have VLANs?"
No.

Başlıksız-1.jpg

"Do you mean you only wanted them to have access in the local area network?"

I want to check the students' computers (netsupport), but they can't use the internet (because netsupport can't restrict internet)

IMG_20190222_122222329_HDR.jpgIMG_20190222_122555924_HDR.jpg

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@terhan,

I don't think that this is possible to work if you wanted those specific computers not to access the internet. Once you disable the internet access, even your own computer will no longer access the web as you don't have any VLAN configured on your network. If your router is capable of doing VLAN, then you may create a network for your students and restrict it from the router. The switch doesn't have any capability or feature for them to block internet access.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
terhan
Aspirant

@JohnC_V
Thank you for your answer.
Do you have software advice for such a situation? free if possible

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies