× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear gs724t crash when router connected

livefastdrvslo
Aspirant

netgear gs724t crash when router connected

i just got a netgear GS724t v3 24port switch and reset it to factory defaults.  so now i don't understand why when i connect the switch to the router the switch just decides to light up the entire board and then reboot itself constantly.  if i unplug the switch from router then i can access my nas connected to that switch ok.  but once the router is plugged into the switch everything lights up and switch reboots constantly.

is there a setting i should be looking at to get this working again?  this is my first forray into managed switches.  stp was turned on and no vlans were created i don't see a setting to designate port as uplink from router.

boot version 5.0.3.1

software version 4.1.0.9

Model: GS724Tv3|24-port ProSAFE Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: netgear gs724t crash when router connected

Hi @livefastdrvslo,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The current firmware of your GS724Tv3 switch is the initial release firmware.  I suggest you to upgrade the firmware in a ladderized manner.  First, upgrade the firmware from v4.1.0.9 to v4.2.0.11.  Then, upgrade the firmware from v4.2.0.11 to 4.2.1.5 and so on until you reach the latest firmware version which is 5.4.2.30. 

Be sure to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware to the latest version then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then check if the same problem occurs.

You can download the firmware versions for the GS724Tv3 switch here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR CommunityTeam

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @livefastdrvslo,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The current firmware of your GS724Tv3 switch is the initial release firmware.  I suggest you to upgrade the firmware in a ladderized manner.  First, upgrade the firmware from v4.1.0.9 to v4.2.0.11.  Then, upgrade the firmware from v4.2.0.11 to 4.2.1.5 and so on until you reach the latest firmware version which is 5.4.2.30. 

Be sure to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware to the latest version then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then check if the same problem occurs.

You can download the firmware versions for the GS724Tv3 switch here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR CommunityTeam

Message 2 of 3
livefastdrvslo
Aspirant

thank your sir!....whatever that firmware flash did it fixed the issue.  as soon as i did the first one it played ok with the router connected.....  such a simple fix....

i'll slowly work my way up to current firmware now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements