× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear switch GS724TP causes Unis SCO5 server to stop work everyday at 10am.

Learner73
Aspirant

netgear switch GS724TP causes Unis SCO5 server to stop work everyday at 10am.

Good day

Every day at 10am our Unix SCO 5 server "crashes". when I take the switch out and use a 24 port hub it never happens. I upgraded the network from a hub to a switch to gain some network speed as our 16channel DVR is flooding the network. We run a standanrd TCP/IP network. It worked fine for 21 years on hubs but the need is now there to upgrade from a hub to a switch. I've upgraded the software to Version 5.2.0.11. I've reset it to factory defaults. We run static IP adressess. I've even changed the switch ip address aftewards to the same address range as our pc's

Any suggesstions?

Kind regards

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: netgear switch GS724TP causes Unis SCO5 server to stop work everyday at 10am.

@Learner73,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

What is the status of the LEDs when this happens? It seems that there is something flooding on your network. May you also check if the STP/RSTP is enabled? Also if the flow control is enabled? If yes, kindly disable the flow control. Go to Switching > Ports > Port Configuration.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Learner73
Aspirant

Re: netgear switch GS724TP causes Unis SCO5 server to stop work everyday at 10am.

Good day

The LED lights works normaly. All the windows machines (windows 98, XP, 7 and 10 machines) and mobile phones (connecting through a wi-fi router) still works 100%.

I see the STP/RSTP is enabled and in the RSTP option is the "fast link opteration status" disabled and the point to point operational status is enabled.

The last part "Also if the flow control is enabled? If yes, kindly disable the flow control. Go to Switching > Ports > Port Configuration" is disabled.

It is only our Unix sco server that stops working precisely 10h00 our time every day.

The windows machines connect with telnet to the Unix server.

This is mindbogling to our ISP. They have few clients running netgears switched without any problems. The only thing different is that we use  a Unix machine on the network too.

Kind regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements