× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

static route does not save

ef2085
Aspirant

static route does not save

I configured my static routes but when for some reason I have to turn off the switch does not save the static routes and I have to reconfigure them

my switch has firmware version 5.3.0.26

Model: GS728TS(B)|ProSAFE 24-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: static route does not save

Hi ef2085,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since you have upgraded the firmware to the latest version, I suggest you to perform a factory reset on the GS728TS switch.  Then, reconfigure it from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Clear the cache of the browser you are using before you access the web-GUI of the switch to reconfigure the settings.  Observe if same problem will occur.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
ef2085
Aspirant

I just updated the firmware to version 5.3.0.31 and lied with the same problem. restarting it loses the static routes that I have configured.

Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ef2085,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since you have upgraded the firmware to the latest version, I suggest you to perform a factory reset on the GS728TS switch.  Then, reconfigure it from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Clear the cache of the browser you are using before you access the web-GUI of the switch to reconfigure the settings.  Observe if same problem will occur.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
ef2085
Aspirant

danea

your solution was very good thank you very much for your time

I still have problem, apparently the solution is not quite effective
the issue is that if I add a static route that does not have to do with any vlan interface then if it is kept in the table when the computer restarts
ie the team must work with 4 vlan interface to route the 2 links I have
  then when I add a route that has to do with one of the vlan interface created then it is lost from the route table when the switch is restarted and only the routes that I created from the test are left that have no links with the vlan interfaces created.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ef2085,

You're welcome! 🙂  Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
ef2085
Aspirant

the whole problem was corrected in the description that I was putting to the static routes created because they contained spaces and apparently the team did not recognize those spaces when restarting and therefore eliminated them. eliminate the spaces and everything perfect.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements