× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

401: Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

sugaretto
Tutor

401: Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

I just bought a plw1000v2 powerline and after I have updated his firmware from 1.0.0.16 to 1.0.0.18 I am not able anymore to login in the mywifiext . net with the default credentials (admin/password) and I get:

401 Unauthorized
Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

I wrote well the credentials and I've never changed them. I tried to do a factory reset (3 or more times) but it don't help.

Thanks for your support here.

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Johnie
Initiate

Rif.: 401: Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authenticatio

Hi,

Check the firmware release notes. The standard password has been changed with the firmware update (it is now the same as the standard wifi password on your sticker). Good for safety but Netgear should have made it more clear before updating.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
emanueleffe
Aspirant

Rif.: 401: Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authenticatio

Hi sugaretto,

I have the exact same problem. After the update i can't log in anymore in my PLW1000v2 web interface. Have you found any solution?

I already tried to do a factory reset (multiple times) but nothing changes.

Thank you in advance.

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 2 of 6
sugaretto
Tutor

Hi,

unfortunately I'm still facing the problem. The Netgear support seems doesn't have any solution.

Message 3 of 6
Papigna
Aspirant

Model: powerline PLW1000v2

Firmware version: V1.0.0.18 

After upgrading firmware and tried to do many ad many factory resets I am not able anymore to login in the mywifiext .net with the default credentials (admin/password)

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you

Message 4 of 6
Johnie
Initiate

Hi,

Check the firmware release notes. The standard password has been changed with the firmware update (it is now the same as the standard wifi password on your sticker). Good for safety but Netgear should have made it more clear before updating.
Message 5 of 6
Papigna
Aspirant

Thank You Johnie !

I can acces now

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7