× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AV standards

mangelcm
Follower

AV standards

Hello.

Does anybody know which AV standards complies  XAV 1301 v2 with?

I know many other trades complies with  AV IEE 1901, IEE 802.3 ana IEE 802.3u HomePlug standards.

Now I'm using four Netgear XAV1301v2mini (200Mbps), the first is conected to  the main router, two more conected each one with other PCs and a the last one is giving service to a secondary router (xiaomi mi router 3) thata is only used for wifi connections.

I'd like to extend my actual cpl network with other CPL models (Netgear or any other trades, but compling the Hompe Plug standard i said). I'll conect each one of the faster cpls to each router (the the first fast cpl conected to the main router and the second cpl giving signal to the secondary router.

I discard  the idea of use a simply wifi extender, because I'd like to use what I have

Is it a right plan. Whatn do uou think about it?

Model: XAV1301v2|Powerline 200 Mini
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AV standards

Hi @mangelcm

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You may want to check this link XAV1301 FAQ

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@mangelcm wrote:

Hello.

Does anybody know which AV standards complies  XAV 1301 v2 with?

Isn't the answer in the description? XAV1301v2|Powerline 200 Mini. Isn't it also on the plugs?

AV200

There is a manual for the device somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> XAVNB2001 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "200" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network. But this may not matter and you may not notice the difference.

In theory you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to get set them up and manage the network after you have done that.

Sorry, but I got lost in this bit:

I'd like to extend my actual cpl network with other CPL models (Netgear or any other trades, but compling the Hompe Plug standard i said). I'll conect each one of the faster cpls to each router (the the first fast cpl conected to the main router and the second cpl giving signal to the secondary router.

What are you plugging into what? Is the idea to have two routers on your network? If so, that can be a seriously bad idea. I use routers in wireless access point modes at the end of  my Powerline network.

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mangelcm

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You may want to check this link XAV1301 FAQ

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors