× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AV500 - Extending Basic Network - Help Please !!

duffyk
Follower

AV500 - Extending Basic Network - Help Please !!

Good morning - I'm hoping someone can help/advise. I have tried researching this but am getting more and more confused !!.

I have a basic AV500 kit installed and working. There's a XAV5201 connected to my VM router...and an XWN5001 plugged in upstairs providing both extended wifi and direct ethernet.

I'm keen to add an existing XWN5001 in another room...but I can't seem to see these for sale anywhere (perhaps discontinued ??). There are twin packs but they seem to be XWNB5201, e.g.http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/powerline/XWNB5201.aspx

Can anyone let me know if these are compatible with my existing set ?. I'm OK buying a twin pack if this will give me two new access/wifi points around the house. I'm just worried about mixing XWN5001 and XWNB5201s...plus not sure if the XAV5201 will support what would be three access points.

Many thanks,

Kevin
Hope you can answer this for me...and thanks for your help.

Model: XAV5201|Powerline 500 Nano,XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

All the units are HomePlug AV compliant, so they should work together.

Message 2 of 3

This recent discussion goes into some of the compatibility question for different types of plug:

Re: PLP1200 powerline PLUS PLW1000 or 1010? - NETGEAR Communities

Maybe you will find it easier to understand the answers than the person who asked the question.

I mention it partly because it also raised the "two in a box" complaint.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7