× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding additional powerline adapter

oshaughnessyb
Aspirant

Adding additional powerline adapter

I currently have a single pair of PLW1010-100NAS Powerline Adapters that are extending my WiFi network.

For better coverage, I'd like to add two additional powerline adapters to the same network.

I've found the instructions to sync the slave adapters to the existing master.

Is is possible to purchase the just the slave end, or must they be purchased as a bundle?

I'd rather not buy the bundle if the master end won't be used.

Thanks in advance.

Model: PLW1010|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding additional powerline adapter

@oshaughnessyb wrote:

For better coverage, I'd like to add two additional powerline adapters to the same network.

You want to add two "wired" plugs rather than wifi plugs?

@oshaughnessyb wrote:

Is is possible to purchase the just the slave end, or must they be purchased as a bundle?

There is no such thing as "slave end" and "master" plugs. Both plugs can be "slaves" to an existing master.

So, follow the instructions and you can use both plugs in a bundle to extend our existing network.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The only place I've seen them sold (not as a kit) is on ebay. You could try going that route. 

Message 2 of 5

@oshaughnessyb wrote:

You want to add two "wired" plugs rather than wifi plugs?

@oshaughnessyb wrote:

There is no such thing as "slave end" and "master" plugs. Both plugs can be "slaves" to an existing master.

So, follow the instructions and you can use both plugs in a bundle to extend our existing network.

Message 3 of 5
oshaughnessyb
Aspirant

Ahhh interesting... Now that I think about it, that makes sense.

I'm trying to add just the wireless adapters, but I can already think of ways to use the additional wired adapters.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5

@oshaughnessyb wrote:

I'm trying to add just the wireless adapters, but I can already think of ways to use the additional wired adapters.

You can use a wired plug to feed a wireless access point. That is how I get the Internet to my Orbi router in AP mode.

In that way, your plugs can feed a more powerful wifi source than the AP plugs.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7