× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding onto an existing PL1200s network

txbmc
Follower

Adding onto an existing PL1200s network

I have the PL1200s.  My modem is in my office and is currently connected to my entertainment center in the living room.  I would like to put and additional port in my bedroom.  Can I buy one more port and connect it to the existing network or do I have to buy 2 more units and have them connected seperate from the original network?  I thought I saw a single unit option to add on to the network when I originally bought the system, but I can't find one now.

Model: PL1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding onto an existing PL1200s network

wrote:

Can I buy one more port and connect it to the existing network or do I have to buy 2 more units and have them connected seperate from the original network? 

A bit of both. You can add plugs to your existing network, with just one router plug, but you will have to buy them in pairs. Netgear doesn't sell singletons.

wrote:

I thought I saw a single unit option to add on to the network when I originally bought the system, but I can't find one now.

See above.

Perhaps you saw something from a different maker. Netgear and most Powerline producers supply multiple packs. But if you can find someone that sells oncers, or can find a second hand plug, they should be compatible. Powerline uses an industry "AV" standard that lets different makes, and models, play together.

When adding new plugs follow these instructions:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Adding onto an existing PL1200s network

wrote:

Can I buy one more port and connect it to the existing network or do I have to buy 2 more units and have them connected seperate from the original network? 

A bit of both. You can add plugs to your existing network, with just one router plug, but you will have to buy them in pairs. Netgear doesn't sell singletons.

wrote:

I thought I saw a single unit option to add on to the network when I originally bought the system, but I can't find one now.

See above.

Perhaps you saw something from a different maker. Netgear and most Powerline producers supply multiple packs. But if you can find someone that sells oncers, or can find a second hand plug, they should be compatible. Powerline uses an industry "AV" standard that lets different makes, and models, play together.

When adding new plugs follow these instructions:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7