× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Additional plugs for PLW1000

cadreaming
Aspirant

Additional plugs for PLW1000

I currently have a PLW1000 extender.  I would like to add additional plugs to the garage and other areas.  What is the best plug that is compatible with the PLW1000 for this application?

Thanks!

John

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Additional plugs for PLW1000

Any Netgear "1000" (or even 1200) plug will do.

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Be warned though that you cannot buy single plugs. None of the Powerline suppliers seem to think that we can be trusted with singletons.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "500" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

When you do add plugs to an existing network, you should follow these instructions:

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

One other thing to consider, in theory while you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to set them up.

Message 2 of 4
cadreaming
Aspirant

Thanks Michael!  I have the NetGear PLW1000 that opperates at 1000 Mbps, is there a NetGear plug that you would recommend that also opperates at this speed?

Message 3 of 4

Any Netgear "1000" (or even 1200) plug will do.

Be warned though that you cannot buy single plugs. None of the Powerline suppliers seem to think that we can be trusted with singletons.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7