× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Additions to Powerline with XWN5001 + AV500

ctclone3211
Tutor

Additions to Powerline with XWN5001 + AV500

Sorry but could name a Model for my problem which is  my current Powerline includes the AV500 at the router and the extended XWN5001.  Could you please let me know what other units are compatible to what I have since I need additional units?

Model: XE102v1|Wall-Plugged Ethernet Bridge|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Additions to Powerline with XWN5001 + AV500

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "500" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

When you do add plugs to an existing network, you should follow these instructions:

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

One other thing to consider, in theory you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to get set them up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "500" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

When you do add plugs to an existing network, you should follow these instructions:

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

One other thing to consider, in theory you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to get set them up.

Message 2 of 3
ctclone3211
Tutor

Thanks for the reply and information which should solve my problem.  Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7