× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amazon Fire TV

Surfrat96
Aspirant

Amazon Fire TV

As the directions stated, I plugged one adapter with an ethernet into the router/modem. The other is for my Fire TV box which I have the other adapter into the wall with the eternet running right into the Fire TV box. I'm receiving 3 solid green lights on both adaptors. My problem is when I'm watching the Fire TV it's still running off of the wifi which is very weak where my TV is, whidh is why I bought the adaptors.

My question is, how do I receive the ethernet connection, and not the wifi? The ethernet is connected directly from the Powerline adaptor into the Fire TV box, the Fire TV is then connected to my AVR via HDMI as is my DVD player, and turntable. Yesterday when I put on the Fire TV it said on the screen that it lost it's connection and then found my wifi and connected. Why doesn't it pick up the LAN through the ethernet cable? So confused, thanks for any help

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Amazon Fire TV

Best to stick to asking a question just once.

Amazon Fire TV - NETGEAR Communities

You'll have trouble keeping up with replies if too many people chip in.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7