× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blue light flashing

paul_paterson
Aspirant

Blue light flashing

I have conect a Netgear Powerline PL1000 internet extender to a Netgear CG3000-1STAUS modem router via an ethernet cable.  I have run the security setup/connection on hte device = Powereline and as required teh green flashing light on the Powerline has gone from flashing to solid green.  However on the CG3000 againe the port into which the cable was connected a blue lihgt instead of a green light is flashing.  When in this mode I have no internet connection from several devices within the home either by cable connection or WiFi.

The same thing (blue light flashing) occurs when I connect a Getgear GS105 ethernet switch to the CG3000?  

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blue light flashing

The lights on the CG3000-1STAUS modem router will have nothing to do with the powerline plugs.

Which light is flashing blue?

Manuals and stuff here: 

>> Click here >> CG3000-1STAUS | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

Looks like those lights may be something to do with your ISP connection. What happens when you unplug the powerline device?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

The lights on the CG3000-1STAUS modem router will have nothing to do with the powerline plugs.

Which light is flashing blue?

Manuals and stuff here: 

>> Click here >> CG3000-1STAUS | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

Looks like those lights may be something to do with your ISP connection. What happens when you unplug the powerline device?

Message 2 of 3
paul_paterson
Aspirant

Many thanks for the prompt reply, most helpful. The blue light has no bearing on function.  All is good.  Paul  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7