× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access settings for PL1000v2

BlackthornWolfe
Follower

Can't access settings for PL1000v2

I can no longer access the settings page for my powerline extender. I've factory reset both boxes, cleared my browser settings and tried with multiple browsers, and mywifiext still says I'm not connected to the extender despite the fact that I definitely am. I'm able to get internet from the extender both wirelessly and through a wired connection but both connection types still say I'm not connected to the extender when I access mywifiext. I've also tried using the genie app and it says the same thing despite showing my connection to be from the extender. The default IP address also does not connect.

What am I doing wrong here? How can I access the settings. I just needed to change the broadcast channel and now the ssid and password since resetting.
Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't access settings for PL1000v2

Log into the router that you're connecting the set it. It should have a connected device (or equivelent page)

Look at that page for what IP address the router is assigning to the powerline adapter and use that ip address to access it. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't access settings for PL1000v2

@BlackthornWolfe wrote:
I can no longer access the settings page for my powerline extender.

What settings page? The PL1000 has no settings and no IP address.

If you have a system with a wifi access point, that would be the PLW1000.

In that case, as @plemans says you need to track down its IP address and aim a browser at that.

@BlackthornWolfe wrote:
I've also tried using the genie app and it says the same thing despite showing my connection to be from the extender.

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

The desktop program will show a map if the devices on your network. This should include the PLW1000. Click on its icon and the IP address should reveal itself. It might even be "clickable".

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7