× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re : Can't configure XWN5001

4jwoodnik
Follower

Can't configure XWN5001

Re: can't configure Powerline xwn5001

I'm not able to configure a XWN5001. I may have it connected incorrectly but from the docs don't really understand how this system should be connected. They talk about connecting 

Router is a Netgear WNR2000v4. I have a Nano XAV5201 connected directly to the WNR, when I run the genie the Nano shows up in the network maps and I can rt clk then edit name and security. I then have the XWN5001 in an adjacient room where I want the XWN to be an AP and send out the same wifi ssid w/the same password so users can travel between rooms and maintain their wifi connection. But...

I connected to the XWN5001 directly via LAN cable then ran the genie, but it doesnt recognize the xwn5001. Neither can I use the browser method as its not found. Therefore I can't set the ssid, password or unit name. I do see that it generates the default ssid NetgearExt, but that has no actual WAN connection which I assume is because it doesn't know the correct wifi password?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Wood

jeff@xpertservices.biz

Message 1 of 2

Re : Can't configure XWN5001

Hi Jeff,

Make sure the leds on the XAV are green/green/green and green/green/blue on the XWN5001 first of all.

Then don't hesitate to reset the XWN by several hits of 2 seconds each on the reset button with a paperclip on the XWN.

Then you can connect to the SSID NETGEAR_EXT or connect by Ethernet cable to the powerline and access the website mywifiext.net to configure your wireless network
If Netgear Genie doesn't recognize the powerline, then try the Powerline Utility that might do the job.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7