× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can you have more than one wireless-N Extender

aguess
Aspirant

Can you have more than one wireless-N Extender

Hi,

Have a large old house with several wireless dead spots due to metre thick walls.

Is it possible to have one XAV2101 and several wireless extenders (XAVN2001) connected to it?

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

It should work.
Message 2 of 10
Alives
Aspirant

The question is, though, where can you buy just the XAVN2001 instead of XAVBN2001 kits...
Message 3 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I think so.
Message 4 of 10
Alives
Aspirant

I cant find them anywhere 😞
Message 5 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you probably need to buy kit and use separately
Message 6 of 10
Alives
Aspirant

Yes, but I don't need the ethernet bridge (XAV2001) I only need the wireless extender... what are my options?
Message 7 of 10
aguess
Aspirant

Alives wrote:
Yes, but I don't need the ethernet bridge (XAV2001) I only need the wireless extender... what are my options?

yerh, having the same problem Alives. Want 5 extenders for quite a large house with very thick walls. So far the only place i've found that sell just the extender it actually costs more than buying the kit - which is kind of forcing me to at least look at another manufacturer 😕
Message 8 of 10
Alives
Aspirant

Came here to say I am doing the same. This is ridiculous. I hope NetGear gets their act together soon.
Message 9 of 10
Wrigley112
Aspirant

aguess wrote:
yerh, having the same problem Alives. Want 5 extenders for quite a large house with very thick walls. So far the only place i've found that sell just the extender it actually costs more than buying the kit - which is kind of forcing me to at least look at another manufacturer 😕

What other manufactureers have you all had luck with.

I see one rom D-Link and one from TP Link.

Not sure why Netgear wont just sell the XAVN2001 by itself - I would buy 3 of them immediately.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7