× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can you use 3 PLP2000 units together?

luxo75
Aspirant

Can you use 3 PLP2000 units together?

Hi there,

I can't seem to find this information, but recently one of my PLP2000 units was fried in an electrical storm due to a lighting strike.

I was wondering if I buy another 2 unit starter pack if I can then use 3 units in conjunction with each other? It would be handy to extend coverage to other rooms in the house.

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 4

Re: Can you use 3 PLP2000 units together?

@luxo75 wrote:

I was wondering if I buy another 2 unit starter pack if I can then use 3 units in conjunction with each other? It would be handy to extend coverage to other rooms in the house.

That will work just fine. I have used various combinations of Netgear plugs. I have even used them with different brands.

Remember, when adding new plugs to an existing network, you need to follow this advice:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

Message 2 of 4
luxo75
Aspirant

Thanks Michael,

Great to know and interesting that the brands can be mixed also (yay open standards!).

Thanks also for the re-sycnronisation information!

Message 3 of 4

@luxo75 wrote:

Great to know and interesting that the brands can be mixed also (yay open standards!).

That's particularly useful if you want to add a plug with an integrate wireless access point or double LAN ports. Netgear doesn't sell standalone plugs. Some brands do.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7