× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot set the wireless configuration

gianci
Initiate

Cannot set the wireless configuration

Hi all, I have a wifi network extended by mean of an XNV5201 and an XMW5001.

Until some months ago I had a Netgear router, then I changed the Internet provider and now the router is of another brand. Since then, the network has been working properly, but sometimes there were some unwanted disconnection or malfunction. I found that the security type of the router and the XWN5001 are different, as the first is WPA2 while the second is WPA.

Therefore I tried to change the wifi setup of the extender, but I cannot access the wifi settings with Netgear Genie, which I used in the past for the first configuration.  I connected my PC with the ethernet cable, I can see the configuration (see attachment), but when I rigth-click the extender and choose "configuration", instead of the settings panel Netgear Genie tries to open a windows in the browser, then it ends with "Site cannot be reached".

What could have happened?

Thanks 

Gianni

Model: XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
gianci
Initiate

Rif.: Cannot set the wireless configuration

Solved.

For some reasons, the PC, connected on the same network with DHCP, had an IP address with a different subnet from the IP of the powerline.

I had to manually set the PC by removing the DHCP and set the IP address on the same subnet of the Powerline.  After that, from Netgear Genie , clicking on the Powerline a browser window was open correctly, and it has been possible to set the wireless properties.

Once switched the Powerline on and setting the security, the XNV5201 and XWN5001 work perfectly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
gianci
Initiate

Rif.: Cannot set the wireless configuration

Solved.

For some reasons, the PC, connected on the same network with DHCP, had an IP address with a different subnet from the IP of the powerline.

I had to manually set the PC by removing the DHCP and set the IP address on the same subnet of the Powerline.  After that, from Netgear Genie , clicking on the Powerline a browser window was open correctly, and it has been possible to set the wireless properties.

Once switched the Powerline on and setting the security, the XNV5201 and XWN5001 work perfectly.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7