× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting PLW1000 to existing PLP1200

MACCA2509
Aspirant

Connecting PLW1000 to existing PLP1200

Hi, 

I have successfully installed PLP1200 adaptors and they are working fine. I want to add a PLW1000 to extend the network further. I've followed instructions on adding an adpator:

-Press security light on one of the existing adptors for 2 seconds

But the LED light does not start blinking at this point, as I believe it should, and as a result, pressing the security button on the new adaptor doesn't seem to have any affect. 

I also tries to change the ecryption keys manually on my existing 2 adaptors using the Genie desktop app as suggested in a post here, but I can't work out how to set the encryption key on the new adaptor as it doesn't appear on the app? 

I've also tried factory reset on the existing adaptors but they LED still doesn't blink after I press the security button. Any suggestions please? 

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter,PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: Connecting PLW1000 to existing PLP1200

Hi MACCA2509,

How far are the two adapters from each other? Try connecting it in same room with the router and check if it connects.

Message 2 of 6
MACCA2509
Aspirant

Thanks but I tried connecting in the same room as well as different rooms with no luck.
Message 3 of 6

Which of the PLP1200's are you using to inititiate the connection?

Tried both?

Message 4 of 6
MACCA2509
Aspirant

Hi, I did try initiating from both PLPs but had the same issue on both - when I pressed the security button on either one, the light didn't start to blink as it should. I also tried to connect to each of the two PLWs as wasn't sure which one was best to connect to but it was the same problem with both. I just don't understand why my existing PLPs connect to each other but I can't get them to accept another adaptor? Any ideas most appreciated!
Message 5 of 6

Does the PLW1000 play nicely with its original partner?

You could try using that pair as the "spine" of your network and then add the PLP1200s.

As you say, the puzzle is that the PLP1200s don't flash to indicate that they are ready for pairing.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7