× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting two seperate netgear powerline adapters

drodriguez
Follower

Connecting two seperate netgear powerline adapters

I am trying to connect two seperate powerline adapters to the same router. One is the PLP1200 that has the extra outlet built in and the other is the PL1200.  The PLP1200 I have been using for months without any issues, but I am currently trying to connect the PL1200 to my roommates new computer and as soon as it's connected to the router/modem it kills the internet connection for both of us. The Wi-Fi works fine but the powerline adapters seem to not be getting any connections. Any suggestions or fixes?

Model: PL1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter,PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Connecting two seperate netgear powerline adapters

@drodriguez wrote:

I am trying to connect two seperate powerline adapters to the same router.

Does this mean that you want to create two separate Powerline networks with two separate plugs connected to the router?

Or do you want the two "remote" plugs to share the same network?

The second option is easiest. Just connect one plug to the router band then add "remote" plugs using these instructions:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

You can create the connections with the remote plugs anywhere – near the router is easiest – and then move them to where you need the Ethernet connection.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7