× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Desktop does not connect to Netgear modem

avz10
Aspirant

Desktop does not connect to Netgear modem

I have Windows 7 64 bit.

I bought a Netgear DGN2000 approximately two years ago. It is working well.

Currently, there is good connectivity between my laptop and the modem/router (wired and wireless).

I worked on my desktop this morning, uninstalled some programmes, but must have uninstalled a driver or something.

I inserted the Resource CD, which installs the modem (although it is installed). Then it stalls at some point.

If I troubleshoot, it states “Windows do not detect a properly installed network adaptor”.

Any help please
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Desktop does not connect to Netgear modem

You need to reinstall your LAN or WLAN card in the PC. You may have to use another PC go to manufactures web site find you pc model number and OS download files for netwok cards and install them. You could also try a system restore to restore PC to an earlier date.
Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Try a system restore to a earlier date. If that doesn't work go to your PC manufactures web site help.. support.. locate your pc... select OS... copy network card drivers file onto your laptop copy from laptop to desktop reinstall lan card.
Message 3 of 4
avz10
Aspirant

I am apologising for only responding now.

I solved the problem- opened the Device Manager and saw that it was a network driver problem. Luckily, I had the motherboard drivers, installed and everything is working now!

Thanks again
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7