× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ethernet Does Not Have Valid IP Configuration

AubKY
Aspirant

Ethernet Does Not Have Valid IP Configuration

I've just purchased two XAV5201 & XWN5001 Powerline av 500 sets to upgrade my XET1001 home system.  The XET1001 system works well except that transfer speeds are only around 3-5 Mbs (on my Verizon FiOS 70 Mbs router). My new Powerline av 500 system is giving me this error message: "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" (on every unit).  What guidance can you provide?  I've tried many things so far without success.  For now, I'm falling back on using my old system.   Your guidance is much appreciated !!! 

Model: XAV5201v2|Powerline 500 Nano| 1 Port Adapter,XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
AubKY
Aspirant

I believe I've solved my own "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" error.  My new Netgear Powerline system consists of four XAV5201 units and two XWN5001 units.  When initially setting up the network I attempted to sync the entire network simultaneously, i.e., I first pressed the security button on the XAV5201 unit attached to my router and then within 2 minutes pressed the security buttons on the other five units.  That appears to have resulted in the above error message on some of the units.

When I went through the process of syncing one unit at a time to the network, the error messages ceased, and now I am able to connect to the internet from each of the units.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
AubKY
Aspirant

I believe I've solved my own "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" error.  My new Netgear Powerline system consists of four XAV5201 units and two XWN5001 units.  When initially setting up the network I attempted to sync the entire network simultaneously, i.e., I first pressed the security button on the XAV5201 unit attached to my router and then within 2 minutes pressed the security buttons on the other five units.  That appears to have resulted in the above error message on some of the units.

When I went through the process of syncing one unit at a time to the network, the error messages ceased, and now I am able to connect to the internet from each of the units.

Message 2 of 3

Well sorted. Nice detective work.

The issue is probably down to the fact that the two pairs of plugs were set up to talk to each other, which means that they ignore the other pair.

Your "one at a time" approach will have sorted that out.

Anyone else wanting to add news plugs to an existing pair could do worse than read this:

Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7