× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firestick

GrahamJEdge
Aspirant

Firestick

Set up the the Powerline Plugs and working OK - Connection Status 2.4Ghz. Bought an Amazon Firestick and connevted using the included extension. On connection showed the Signal Strength as Very Good. Channel 1 Strength as Very Good (though I don't understand what it means!). However, the Internet Connection fails even if I turn off all other WI FI devices in the room. Contacted Talk Talk (my provider - I have Fibre broadband and they really just put it back to the Netgear Units or The Firestick since my Smart TV is linked to the Netgear Unit and our I Pad and I Phones work perfectley - even does my Lap Top. 

So very frustrated and all souces of professional organisation support have proved unhelpful. So now desperate.

Can anyone help please.

Graham

Model: XAV5201v2|Powerline 500 Nano| 1 Port Adapter
Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi GrahamJEdge,

Which of the device is not working? Just to verify, the Smart TVs, iPhone and iPad are connected to the NETGEAR powerline and are working?

Message 2 of 9
GrahamJEdge
Aspirant

Hi James,

Yes. The Smart TV is connected via the Ethernet connection on the Netgear Plug and the rest connect through WI FI. Whist, as stated previously the Firestick has a "Good" WI FI Connection - There is NO Internet connection

Model: XAV5201v2|Powerline 500 Nano| 1 Port Adapter
Message 3 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi GrahamJEdge,

Have you tried connecting your firestick on a different network or to the main router? This is to check if the firestick is working.

Message 4 of 9
GrahamJEdge
Aspirant

Hi James,

The problem area is in an extension to the main house - that's where the Netgear Unit is. I have two other TV's in different rooms closer to the "Router". I can connect the Firestick to the router perfectly in these rooms. So I'm happy that the Firestick "Works"

Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi GrahamJEdge,

Can you check if the firestick needs a minimum connection speed in order for it to work.

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi GrahamJEdge,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 7 of 9
GrahamJEdge
Aspirant

Having tried the Firestick in other rooms closer to the Router and logging on to the router - Not the Pwerline - the Firestick works perfectly so there is no issue with the Firestick when logged direct to the router.

Bizzarely, having done that and putting the Powerline direct into a wall socket and swtching on - The unit worked!!!??

On return later that day - having switched it all off - and then switching on again I was confronted with exactly the same problem - Confirmed !Very Good" WI FI BUT No Internet Connection!!

This is now getting somewhat ridiculous and even more confusing

Model: XWNB5201|Powerline 500 WiFi Access Point
Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi GrahamJEdge,

Please check your inbox.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies