× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS116v2-no ethernet after power outage; missing some leds ports 1-4, 5-16 are OK

D2S
Aspirant
Aspirant

GS116v2-no ethernet after power outage; missing some leds ports 1-4, 5-16 are OK

GS116v2, installed June 2012 by professional in new home on-Q panel.  After power outage, no ethernet, Port 1 and 2-no leds, port 3-no left led, right led on; port 4-left led OK, no right led, ports 5-16 all leds on. Port 1 cable attached to ISP modem/wifi router - removed from port 1 and attached directly to computer-ethernet OK, so cable OK.  Does this indicate problem/failure of ports 1-4?  Wifi works, just wired ethernet does not. Surge protection in on-Q panel and a whole house surge protector.

Message 1 of 2
D2S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: GS116v2-no ethernet after power outage; missing some leds ports 1-4, 5-16 are OK

I see no replies yet to my original question.  I also tried removing cables from the 4 affected ports, then plugged in ethernet cable from router to port 5 of the switch - still no ethernet connections working from ports 5-16.  I guess this means if the first 4 ports were damaged by the storm, the remainder of ports will not work and the switch needs replaced?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7