× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with XE102 and Belkin N150 Connection

ripewithdecay
Aspirant

Help with XE102 and Belkin N150 Connection

I had been using a wireless DSL modem with the XE102 plugged into it for XBOX usage for quite awhile with no issues.

Today i switched over to comcast and bought a Belkin N150 router. The internet works great with the pc connected via ethernet cable, also the WIFI works fine as well. I am however having trouble getting the bridge to work with the xbox (or ps3, laptop) now. It gives the error message unable to obtain IP address from modem or router. I tried belkin customer service, but was unable to understand the person i was talking to and they referred me to netgear support. I am hoping someone can give a rookie some tips on what settings to change on the router. Thanks a million.

p.s. Sorry if this has been covered previously
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Help with XE102 and Belkin N150 Connection

setup static IP on xbox out side the DHCP range of belkin router and see ( see belkin manual if you do not know where you will find DHCP settings)
Message 2 of 5
ripewithdecay
Aspirant

I tried doing that to no avail.
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Where you able to ping the router?
Message 4 of 5
ripewithdecay
Aspirant

Thanks for your help! I spent so much time on that belkin router and had no success. I then remembered my dad had a netgear router at his house, so i swapped him my belkin for his netgear. I just hooked up the netgear router and it was plug n play.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7