× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HomePlug AV Adapter Kit fun

YammerUK
Follower

HomePlug AV Adapter Kit fun

Hi. I'm new here. I hope you can help...

I just received my Powerline kit - XAVB1004, which includes an XAV1004 4-port switch and an XAV101 adapter. It didn't go well.

When I tried to install the software, I was asked if I wanted to go online for an updated version. I agreed, and installed a downloded version, which it later turned out would not work properly on Windows 7.

Once I'd googled the problem and worked this out, I went to Netgear's XAV1004 support page for a newer version of the setup utility. There were lots of downloads to choose from. I eventually settled on the 3.1.0.4 version, which worked okay. I also downloaded the XAV1004 Firmware update utility 2.0.0.0, which also worked okay.

Looking for more info on the website regarding the XAV101, I was asked if it was v1 or v2. As it says neither on the device, I guessed it is v1. There is no firmware update utility available for download, and there isn't one listed in the start menu after installing any of the setup utilities I tried - contrary to written instructions elsewhere.

So, which is the correct setup utility to use for this combination of hardware and Windows 7? Is there a firmware update for my XAV101? How do I know if it's v1 or v2?

Thanks for reading.
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: HomePlug AV Adapter Kit fun

just like any of post asking on V# (entire products)

if it does not say model # V# then it is V1 unit
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7