× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do i copy router settings to my PL1000 powerline

Waks
Follower

How do i copy router settings to my PL1000 powerline

Hi

On my powerline 500 series I was able to use the powerline utility to copy the router settings across.

This would allow me to keep one WiFi signal across my home meaning I don't have to log in to the extenders.

With my new PL1000 series the utility is not compatible and I cannot see an option on www.mywifiext.net

Anyone help please ?

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do i copy router settings to my PL1000 powerline

@Waks wrote:

On my powerline 500 series I was able to use the powerline utility to copy the router settings across.

In my experience, you can't copy across the settings. You'll have to recreate them on the new plugs.

Beware using the same SSID for all the wifi devices in your home. If you do that the wifi clients can get confused about which one to talk to. They may end up locked on to a source with a weaker signal than one nearby.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: How do i copy router settings to my PL1000 powerline

@Waks wrote:

In my experience, you can't copy across the settings. You'll have to recreate them on the new plugs.

Beware using the same SSID for all the wifi devices in your home. If you do that the wifi clients can get confused about which one to talk to. They may end up locked on to a source with a weaker signal than one nearby.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7