× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to send infor between TV and PC

ctclone3211
Tutor

How to send infor between TV and PC

I have installed the Powerline PLP1200 to use between my Smart TV and computer PC.  I have ping and have confirmed I have a connection. Now will someone please tell me how I can send info from my PC to my TV?

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to send infor between TV and PC

@ctclone3211 wrote:

I am looking for someon to layout a task that can be done to send something from my computer to the TV.  

You have said that already.

If you want to say it again, try telling people what the TV is. The make and model.

Does it have an  Ethernet socket on the back? Have you plugged the TV into the Powerline plug?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

All the powerline does is setup a connection. If you're trying to have your TV have internet, you'll either need a router, to bridge the connection with your pc's connection, or go through your tv manual for best way to do it. The powerline is just in replacment of for an ethernet wire. 

Message 2 of 7
ctclone3211
Tutor

Thank you for the comment, but since I am connected through my router, I would like to have a example of how to send something from my computer to the TV.  I did know how to do that at one time, but it has been so long, I just forgot and haven 't found an example of what to do or how to do it.  I am sure that with an example it would refresh my mind and would be on my way.

The setup is done so what do I do now?

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 3 of 7

@ctclone3211 wrote:

... I would like to have a example of how to send something from my computer to the TV. 

Not sure what you mean by that.

The first move is to set up the TV to connect to the Internet over the Internet and its wired LAN connection.

Get the TV talking to the outside world and take it from there.

The router, and plugs, won't help there.

As @plemans says, the Powerline just connects you to the outside world. What you do after that is down to what you are trying to do. Netgear can't help there. It isn't involved. The TV is the place to look.

Message 4 of 7
ctclone3211
Tutor

I am looking for someon to layout a task that can be done to send something from my computer to the TV.   Anything, like send some pictures from my PC to the TV.  Sounds simple once the powerline is in place, but tell me how to use it.  I have lost the process of doing that task and need a reminder.

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Again, the powerline is basically a replacement for a cable. You don't ask the provider of an ethernet cable how to use your computer or your TV. If you want to get movies/video/pictures to your tv from you computer, check with the provider of your TV or they're forums on the best implementation of doing this.  

Message 6 of 7

@ctclone3211 wrote:

I am looking for someon to layout a task that can be done to send something from my computer to the TV.  

You have said that already.

If you want to say it again, try telling people what the TV is. The make and model.

Does it have an  Ethernet socket on the back? Have you plugged the TV into the Powerline plug?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7