× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot get the Pick a Plug LED to light up

ellieyork7
Aspirant

I cannot get the Pick a Plug LED to light up

So, earlier today I tried to connect a new adapter to my current PLW1000 power line network.
It was a Powerline 200 mini adapter that was HomePlugAV compatible. I rang Netgear helpline to see if it was compatible and that all worked great, I got it connected but then realised that my PlW1000 unit (the one with the antenna) was now not working
I believe it put the new power line 200 and the pl1000 adapter on a new security Key and didn’t link the plw1000 unit with it.
I followed all the troubleshooting advice, factory reset, pressing the security keys etc etc but I cannot get the two original units to link back up!
Even after doing a factory reset I cannot get the pick a plug led to come on on either the plw1000 or the pl1000 units!
I have no idea what has happened because it was working fine before I linked this other unit up!
Why won’t my pick a plug led’s come on?!?!

I can’t find anyone with a similar problem and I’m desperate to sort it out
Can someone please help🙏
Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 4

Re: I cannot get the Pick a Plug LED to light up

I'm a bit lost on what you have done here. When adding new plugs to an existing network, this is how to do it:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

By the way, if you introduce slow plugs to an existing network, this will slow the network down to the speed of the slowest plugs.

Message 2 of 4
ellieyork7
Aspirant

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and send me the link for that guide but I’ve read it over about 10 times already!

I’ve basically tried to add another power line adapter to a current network, and now one of the adapters I originally had isn’t in the same network and I can’t get them to link back up because the pick a plug light won’t come on!

And I know it will slow the speed down, but thanks
I only have 100mbs max from our router anyways!
Message 3 of 4

Like I said, it isn't clear to me what you have done. So forgive the repetition.

Reset both existing plugs and you should be able to set up the network from scratch. Do it with the two sitting next to each other to eliminate mains issues.

If that doens't work, something got bust.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7