× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IP Address Cannot Be Found and Wifi disabled when Powerline 2000 is connected

yellownick7
Follower

IP Address Cannot Be Found and Wifi disabled when Powerline 2000 is connected

I purchased the Netgear Powerline 2000 + extra outlet to extend my ethernet connection to my gaming consol and desktop. This set up has worked perfectly for months with absolutely no issues until last night. My roomate accidentally unplugged both the router and the netgear from the power outlets in the wall when I wasn't in. She told me that she couldn't get the interent to work and had been fiddling with both devices trying to get her laptop to connect again. I reset both the router and the powerline to thier factory settings and was easily able to get the wifi working again; however, once I put my powerline back into the wall no wifi or ethernet access could be achieved. Instead, on every device in the house we recieved a smiliar error message indicating that a signal was being recieved but no IP address could be obtained. When I unplugged the powerline, every device in the house began fuctioning normally again.

I have since tried unplugging and resetting all devices multiple times, but what once used to work perfectly now disrupts the entire house's connectivity. When plugged in, all three lights are solid green on both powerlines and there is no discernable issue with the signal strength. The issue is that once plugged in no decive in the house can access the internet or the IP address. My roomates want me to leave the powerlines diconnected because the wifi works fine without them, but due to the location of my room in relation to the location of the router I can only access the interent through wired connectivity. The router is an Arris BGW 210 provided by AT@T (not the best device, but its been functioning fine so far) and the Netgear Powerline 2000 is the model with two ethernet ports and an extra power socket. Any help with this issue would be a godsend! Thanks so much! 

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 5

Re: IP Address Cannot Be Found and Wifi disabled when Powerline 2000 is connected

Did your attempts include factory reset on the plugs?

There is a manual for the PLP2000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> PLP2000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Message 2 of 5
audreycrist
Aspirant

Re: IP Address Cannot Be Found and Wifi disabled when Powerline 2000 is connected

Everytime I try to connect to Soundcloud or Youtube my internet connection starts misbehaving. Sometimes it just stops working.
Message 3 of 5

@audreycrist wrote:
Everytime I try to connect to Soundcloud or Youtube my internet connection starts misbehaving. Sometimes it just stops working.

Does this have anything to do with the previous messages in this discussion?

What Netgear hardware are you using?

Why do you think it is involved in this behaviour?

Exactly what are you doing when this happens? Which browser, for example, and what prompts do you see?

Message 4 of 5
audreycrist
Aspirant

I have discovered a website which can directly download your songs or the playlist from the SoundCloud converter without using any third party app.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7