× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is possible to connect router to powerline device trought wireless (not with wire)?

ThanosCR
Follower

Is possible to connect router to powerline device trought wireless (not with wire)?

I would like to know if I can connect my router to a powerline adapter through wireless, this because in my case, my router is not connected to the same electrical installation that my house, they are separate networks, so I would like to use this method of cover enhancement but I cannot connect router to powerline through a wire. 

Thanks,

Pablo.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Is possible to connect router to powerline device trought wireless (not with wire)?

There is no way in which you can use wifi as the Internet source for a Powerline plug. It depends on a wired connection to the router.

If you can create a wifi link from your router to an access point/extender that is close to the main network, then you might be able to connect the Powerline device to the access point as the source of your Powerline network.

Router ~~~ Wifi Repeater --- Powerline (source) plug --- Mains network ---  Powerline (host) plugs.

I have not tried this. Maybe I will experiment one day.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7