× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the PL1000 compatible with Windows10

Charlie15
Follower

Is the PL1000 compatible with Windows10

Hi,

I just bought a new PC which is additional to the main location PC connected to my router.  My old PC (located away from the router) had windows 8.1 and had fast internet access using the PL1000.  My new PC has Windows 10 and the RED plug light is on  (green top, green middle, red bottom).  everything is super slow!

In my Windows control panel both ethernet and wi-fi show connected. Should I disable the ethernet and just leave wi-fi on or is Windows 10 just not compatible with PL1000?

Thanks for the help!!

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is the PL1000 compatible with Windows10

@Charlie15 wrote:

In my Windows control panel both ethernet and wi-fi show connected. Should I disable the ethernet and just leave wi-fi on or is Windows 10 just not compatible with PL1000?

Powerline devices don't care about your operating system. As long as you have the correct drivers for your PC's LAN hardware, it will work fine. Unfortuntaley, Windows 10 sometimes turns up with crummy generic drivers, so you may have to track down the best drivers for your PC. Windows update is not good at finding chipset drivers.

If you see slow network speeds and the Windows drivers are OK, look at the network, not the computer.

The red light is an indicator of the network speed. That is another sign of mains network issues and has nothing to do with the PC.

@Charlie15 wrote:

I just bought a new PC which is additional to the main location PC connected to my router.

Not sure that I understand this. Is the new PC near the router? In which case you don't need to connect it to the powerline network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Is the PL1000 compatible with Windows10

@Charlie15 wrote:

Powerline devices don't care about your operating system. As long as you have the correct drivers for your PC's LAN hardware, it will work fine. Unfortuntaley, Windows 10 sometimes turns up with crummy generic drivers, so you may have to track down the best drivers for your PC. Windows update is not good at finding chipset drivers.

If you see slow network speeds and the Windows drivers are OK, look at the network, not the computer.

The red light is an indicator of the network speed. That is another sign of mains network issues and has nothing to do with the PC.

@Charlie15 wrote:

I just bought a new PC which is additional to the main location PC connected to my router.

Not sure that I understand this. Is the new PC near the router? In which case you don't need to connect it to the powerline network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7