× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the PL1000v2 compatible with TP-link AV200?,

Bigmalc40
Aspirant

Is the PL1000v2 compatible with TP-link AV200?,

Is the PL1000v2 compatible with TP-link AV200?, Argos support told me it is?

My network using the TP-Link AV200 works great, I've just purchased the PL1000 which I want to add to my network but the PL1000 doesn't see my network. /the 'Pick a Plug' led is off.

I've tried all sugestions and now am at a loss what to do other than return it to Argos.

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Bigmalc40
Aspirant

Re: Is the PL1000v2 compatible with TP-link AV200?, Update

Update to my issue,

I setup my network with the PL1000 first instead of the TP-Link, I notice the increase in speed, then I added the old TP –Link adapters  to the network, and now it works although slow as Michaelkenward stated, so thanks so much for taking the time to help me Michael.

I forgot how old my TP-Link is, the trouble being married and Old, the wife says, ‘So what, it’s slow, Your retired and not going anywhere’

I guess I’ve got some work to do...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Re: Is the PL1000v2 compatible with TP-link AV200?,

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "200" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

When adding new plugs to an existing network, you need to follow this advice:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

@Bigmalc40 wrote:

I've tried all sugestions and now am at a loss what to do other than return it to

Sadly, only you know what "all suggestions" you have tried. So no one else is going to be able to tell you where you may have gone wrong.

Personally, I would recycle the AV200 plugs. They are two generations behind current – we have had AV500 and 1000 since then – and may well slow down traffic on your network.

Message 2 of 4
Bigmalc40
Aspirant

Update to my issue,

I setup my network with the PL1000 first instead of the TP-Link, I notice the increase in speed, then I added the old TP –Link adapters  to the network, and now it works although slow as Michaelkenward stated, so thanks so much for taking the time to help me Michael.

I forgot how old my TP-Link is, the trouble being married and Old, the wife says, ‘So what, it’s slow, Your retired and not going anywhere’

Message 3 of 4

@Bigmalc40 wrote:

Update to my issue,

Interesting feedback. I haven't done those experiments.

By coincidence, I was browsing another Powerline brand's site, it claimed that fast plugs would communicate at their design speed, while slow plugs worked at their speed.

If you are interested, you can get a pair of "fast" plugs for <£40. With dual LAN ports even.

@Bigmalc40 wrote:

My bus pass is in my wallet, as I sit here refusing to put up my feet.

My wife would think I had gone mad if a stopped working.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7