× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Memory of Powerline XAV5601 after re-connecting to powerline network

Xolile
Aspirant

Memory of Powerline XAV5601 after re-connecting to powerline network

Hello there, one simple question: I have installed 4 Powerline adapters XAV5601 and one XWN5001 within one network with a secure connection. I decided that I can leave out one XAV5601 for the moment and unplugged it to save energy. How long does the unplugged adapter hold its memory so that I can after say some months plug it back to my powerline network, and it will be recognized from the others as a member, and especially the security key can stay the same? Thank you very much for your reply! Best regards, Xolile

Model: XAV5601|Powerline adapter
Message 1 of 4

Re: Memory of Powerline XAV5601 after re-connecting to powerline network

I haven't done controlled experiments, but I have left plugs lying around for months and they have come back to life, with their memory intact, after I put them back.

I have not tried dismantling a plug, but I suspect that they write their settings to "non-volatile" memory that does not need power to keep it alive.

Message 2 of 4
Xolile
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer! So I can leave the adapter unplugged and don't have to worry too much.
Message 3 of 4

That's right. Once the plug writes the settings to its internal memory it will not forget them.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7